Date of Last Revision: 2021-09-01
First things first: We are in the business of helping investors become profitable and not in the business of data trading. We collect as little personal data as possible. We will never sell any personal data that we collect to anyone else. Any personal data we do transfer to third parties will be for our own business use, such as analytics or customer support coordination. We will only use the data we collect to provide our services to you in an effective and secure manner.
FINETIC Limited (“FINETIC”, “we”, “us” or “our”) are part of Finetic Group, a group of companies that provide stock recommendations, investment tools and other products and services globally.
The FINETIC website ("Website"), including the content, features, tools, data, software and functions made available by us through the Website, our mobile applications and any other websites or applications we operate (unless those websites or applications have posted separate or additional terms of service) (together, the "Services") are owned by FINETIC and have been created to provide information to our visitors (“you” and “your”) about our products and services.
Information we collect
We collect information about you in three main ways: when you provide it to us, with automatic technologies and when third party sources provide it to us.
Information you provide
The following are examples (without limitation) of the circumstances in which we collect Personal Data:
- When you subscribe to receive updates from us, we will ask for your email address;
- When you register an account on our Services, we may ask for your name, email address and/or mobile number;
- When you register an account on our Services and/or log in through third-party social logins (i.e. Google Sign-in or Facebook Login Feature), we may collect your email address and/or basic profile info (profile picture and full name) and any other data that you would have explicitly consented to our collection;
- When you redeem a reward on our Services, we may ask for your name, email address, the product you applied for, your application reference number and/or your application date;
- When you contact us by telephone, we may ask for your name, email address and/or phone number, so that we can contact you regarding your enquiry; and
- When you apply for a product or a service using the application forms on our Services, we will collect information which includes but is not limited to contact details, identification information and financial information.
The Personal Data we may ask you to provide includes (without limitation):
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Any messages if you write to us using the "contact us" form
- Payment details, including details related to the payment method(s) such as credit card information (when purchasing a product)
- Information related to any of the above
Most often, the provision of the above data is on a voluntary basis. However, if you do not provide sufficient information to us, we, third party products and service providers may not be able to provide the requested information, products or services to you.
Automatic collection of computer data
In addition, when you use the Services, we may automatically collect certain data about how you access and interact with our Services which may, when combined with other information about you, constitute Personal Data. Automated technologies, such as our use of 'cookies', web beacons and similar technologies help us achieve our goal of providing you with the best possible service. When you access our Services, our servers will record, or track information sent from the browsers. This can include the following information (without limitation):
- attributes of the equipment or device you are using, such as the operating system, hardware version, device settings, software and device identifiers;
- device locations, including specific geographic locations identified through GPS signals or other means;
- connection information such as the name of your mobile operator, ISP or other service provider, browser type and IP address;
- the website from which you have reached the Services;
- the Website pages viewed;
- details of the products and services on the Services that you look at, information, tools and content available on our Services that you use;
- time spent on the Services;
- links from our Services that you click on;
- quotes you request from our Services;
- your transactions on our Services and details of any payments made by you (including bank account and credit card details and any other account identification information); and
- information related to any of the above
- provide you with a more personalized experience on our Services. It allows us to remember you when you revisit our Services;
- study browsing habits on the Services. The more we understand how you use the Services, the greater our ability to offer a better use experience and new services; and
- obtain information regarding the number of visitors to the Services and the pages viewed.
In most cases, cookies are deleted when you close your browser; these are referred to as session cookies. However, persistent cookies stay on your browsing device either until such time as you delete them, or they expire. By using the Services, you consent to us using cookies. Such use of data does not disclose any of your Personal Data, and we will not collect, process or use any of your Personal Data in this regard.
You can alter your computer browser settings to block or delete cookies. If you opt to block or delete cookies of the Services, you may not be able to access certain products or services and this could have an effect on the performance of the Services on your system (for example, ads may not display properly). If you have registered an account with us, you may be required to re-enter your password more frequently during your use of our Services if you choose to disable cookies.
Information provided to us by third-party sources
Finally, when you use the Services, we may also receive information about you from other third parties we have engaged such as business associates, subcontractors, analytics providers, platform providers and search information providers or, pursuant to your request, from third party providers of our Partners.
Information from Integrated Services like Facebook or Google
Accuracy and retention of Personal Data
By providing us with your Personal Data or that of a family member, you warrant that such data is true and accurate, and undertake to notify us as soon as practicable of any change or alteration to the same. Any loss or damage caused to the Services or to the person responsible for the Services or to any third person through the provision of erroneous, inexact or incomplete information will be your exclusive and absolute responsibility. When you give us Personal Data about another person (or persons) such as a family member, you should have the authority to act on such person’s behalf (whether by appointment or by law in your capacity as legal guardian). This includes providing consent to our processing of their Personal Data. If for any reason you are concerned as to whether you are permitted to provide us with another person’s information, please contact us at the email address listed below before sending us anything.
All Personal Data that has been collected from you will only be stored for a duration that is relevant to the purpose for which it was processed and for as long as permissible by applicable law(s).
We will only retain your Personal Data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for (further detailed in the "What do we use your Information for?" section below), including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your Personal Data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
You have the right to request access to and correction of your Personal Data as held by us. Please contact us at any time if you wish to correct, amend or update your Personal Data. We aim to acknowledge and act upon your request promptly. To help us respond in the most timely and appropriate way, please be as specific as possible in your request or inquiry.
What do we use your Information for?
We use the information we collect about you for our legitimate business interests to operate the Services, to enhance and customize users’ experiences with the Services and to improve and grow our business. Depending on the nature of your relationship with us, we may use your Personal Data for some or all of the following purposes:
- to set up and administer your account with FINETIC;
- to protect the security of your account by sending a verification code to your phone when you log in;
- to answer your queries and to communicate with you, for example, providing you with alerts, notifications and recommendations;
- to allow you to access and use our free and paid services (such as stock recommendations, stock picking tools, etc.);
- to process applications for Partner Products on your behalf (see below section "Partner Services" for further information);
- to enable you to access online application forms on third party external sites;
- to analyze customer behavior, market trends and client demographics so that we can improve our services and to enable us to provide a more personalized service and more relevant communications to you;
- where you have registered an account with us, to enable us to save your Personal Data so that you do not have to re-enter it each time you request a quote or apply for a product
- to enable us to store data and manage our business operations efficiently;
- where you have signed up to receive electronic communications from us, to send you marketing and/or promotional materials on our latest products and services or those of carefully selected third parties;
- where you have registered an account with us, to send you service-related messages including, without limitation, a welcome/confirmation email when you register your account and to enforce our Terms and Conditions and other policies. You may not opt-out of receiving service-related messages from us, unless you deactivate your account;
- where you have registered an account with us, to send you special reports, exclusive member offers and latest feature announcements in relation to your account. You may not opt-out of receiving membership-related messages from us, unless you deactivate your account;
- to diagnose and prevent service, security or technical issues affecting the Services;
- to monitor, detect and prevent fraud or abuse of the Services;
- to protect the safety, integrity and/or rights of our users or any third party;
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations; and
- to enable us to provide services and products related to the above and/or otherwise related to your use of the Services.
In some circumstances we will anonymize your Personal Data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
How do we disclose your information?
We are committed to keeping your Personal Data and other information shared with us confidential. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may disclose or transfer your Personal Data to certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below:
- Related companies: We may share your Personal Data with our affiliates in the Finetic Group (our subsidiaries/affiliates) that provide services to or share services with us.
- Business transfers: As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of, or in preparation for, a change of control, merger, acquisition, restructuring, dissolution or similar event, we may disclose or transfer Personal Data to a third party.
- Partners: We may be required to share information with our partners who are banks, brokers, lenders, insurance companies and other money and financial service providers whose products may be displayed on our Services from time to time ("Partners") or when you have requested the products and/or services our Partners, which requires us to provide your Personal Data to them in a pre-populated form or by API. In order for you to redeem a reward on our Services, we may also need to share those details with the relevant Partner in order to authenticate your reward redemption.
- Agents, consultants and related third parties: We rely on service providers to help support our business, for example (without limitation) our third party payment service providers, IT and analytics service providers, back office support, business consultants, legal service providers and marketing service providers. When we engage another entity to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function.
- Legal requirements: We and/or any of the third parties listed above may also be required to disclose your Personal Data to any court, law enforcement body, government department, regulator or industry body of any country where required by the laws of Hong Kong or any other jurisdiction, or in response to a lawful request in Hong Kong or elsewhere. We may also need to disclose your Personal Data in order to identify, contact or bring legal action against any person who may be causing damage to or interfere with our and/or any third party's rights or property (whether intentionally or otherwise) and/or (ii) to help with anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing requirements of our Partners or other third parties.
Keeping you updated regarding our Services and direct marketing
After you use our services, and provided you have subscribed to receive our communications, we may use your Personal Data (including your name, email address and telephone number) to contact you about news, offers, events, and promotional campaigns in stock recommendation and other products and services that we feature on the Services from time to time.
We may use other data collected about you, including but not limited to your browsing history and purchases in order to provide materials that are customized and relevant to you. You may opt-out of receiving newsletters and other direct marketing communications at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link contained in our email to you.
These communications are separate to those you will receive as a result of registering an account with us. In addition to account-related communications, our logged in users will receive exclusive and/or advance access to personalized content available and distributed only to them, which may be sent by email. You may not opt-out of receiving membership-related messages from us, unless you deactivate your account.
With your explicit consent, we may also provide your Personal Data (including your name, email address and telephone number) to our Partners so that they may contact you with news, offers, events, and promotional campaigns in relation to financial services, insurance, communications, online content and other products and services that we feature on the Services from time to time.
If you have any questions or concerns about the communications you are receiving from us, you can get in touch with us at any time, free of charge (see "Your rights" below).
We are fully committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers, online and otherwise, and the success of our business depends on our ability to maintain the trust of our clients and customers. We use Heroku as our technology infrastructure service provider to power the main core of our Services. Data we collect is stored in data centers operated by Heroku, who performs regular audits and maintains varying levels of PCI, HIPAA, ISO and SOC compliance. For more information, please visit: https://www.heroku.com/compliance.
When you register an account with us, you will be asked to choose a password. You are responsible for ensuring the security of your password and do not share it with anyone. If a third party uses your password to log in to your account for any transaction, we are not responsible. If you suspect that your account has been used by others, please notify us immediately.
Although we have taken security precautions, due to the inherent risks of data transmission via the Internet, we cannot completely guarantee the security of Personal Data. At all times, you should bear the risks associated with the transmission of data via the Internet, as well as the possibility of malicious software on the devices using our services. Therefore, you should ensure that your Personal Data is entered or uploaded only on a secure device in a secure environment.
Use of Services by minors
The Services are not targeted at minors under the age of 18 years, and we ask such persons not to access or use our Service.
Improving our service
You have the right to check whether we hold Personal Data about you, and you have the right to request access to or correction of your Personal Data. You can opt out of receiving our newsletters and other promotional communications at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the email we sent you. You also have the right to choose not to receive direct marketing or promotional information from us, our affiliates and any partners.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights above, or have any inquiries or complaints about your Personal Data, please send your questions to us.
Deleting your account
If you wish to delete your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you with our services, please visit the ‘My Account’ section of the Services to delete your account. If you register or log in to your account through Integrated Services, you can also choose to disable the connection between the Services and the Integrated Services at any time. When deleting your account information (including any identifiable information regarding your family member that you have provided or has been collected), we may retain general demographic information about you such as your general transaction history and will remove any personally identifiable information associated with this data so that it can no longer be associated with you for research or statistical purposes.
Data protection officer
WhatsApp: +852 6657 5630